The Information Services & Technology Division provides technology services as well as HelpDesk support to the NJIT community. IST, which now includes Instructional Technology and Media Services, partners with the Office of Strategic Communications and the Van Houten library to provide NJIT’s students, faculty, and staff with a robust information resource and technology infrastructure.
December 2014/January 2015 Winter Session Technology Support
NJIT's Winter Session 2014-2015 begins on December 16th 2014. IST Technology support will be available during the break from 12/24/14 through 1/4/15. Info: http://ist.njit.edu/winter .
11/14/2014 - The latest release of Outlook Google Apps Sync requires re-authentication.
Google is constantly making improvements to their "Google Apps Sync tool" that is used by our Microsoft Outlook users. As updates are released the "Google Apps Sync tool" will periodically update automatically. The latest release (v.3.5.385.1020, released on October 20, 2014) requires users to enter their credentials after the update. Until the credentials (UCID login and password) are entered Outlook will go offline and not synchronize mail.
If your Outlook is offline and not syncing:
1. Switch Outlook from offline to online. (To find out how to switch from working offline to online click here.)
2. Re-initiate a sync by clicking "Send/Receive All Folders".
3. If your default internet browser will open - login to Webmail by Google.
4. A window will appear with a long list of items, scroll down to the bottom of the screen to accept them.
5. Outlook will start and sync to retrieve your email.
10/07/2014 - Apple has published fixes for a potential malware vulnerability in some versions of their operating systems. For Mavericks 10.9.5, see OS X bash Update 1.0 – OS X Mavericks. For Mountain Lion 10.8.5, see OS X bash Update 1.0 – OS X Mountain Lion. For Lion and Lion Server 10.7.5, see OS X bash Update 1.0 - OS X Lion & OS X Lion Server.