This check list will help new employees get access to NJIT’s IT services. If you have questions about any process please contact the IST Service Desk at 973-596-2900 or help.njit.edu.
1. Visit Human Resources
Before accessing NJIT’s systems, you must visit the Department of Human Resources (Fenster Hall, suite 500) and complete the necessary new hire paperwork, including your I-9 form. Human Resources will enter your information into their system within 48 hours of receiving this paperwork. If possible, you may visit HR prior to your first day of employment. For questions, please contact Human Resources at (973) 596-3140.
2. Create Your UCID
After your paperwork is processed by Human Resources you may self-create your University Computing ID (UCID) - http://ist.njit.edu/accounts/ucid.php. Note: processing is completed within 48 hours of HR receiving all necessary paperwork.
3. NJIT Email address
After self-creating your UCID, log into Webmail by Google and check your mail (use your UCID login and password). http://webmail.njit.edu
4. IST Help Desk
Contact the IST Service Desk at (973) 596-2900 or http://help.njit.edu to request:
- NJITDM account, which is used to log into the wireless network (NJITsecure) and the faculty/staff Windows domain.
- Confirmation that you can log into Highlander Pipeline using your UCID login and password.
- That your NJIT-issued computer gets configured to sign-onto NJITDM.
- Phone extension, voicemail and national/international dial out code (if necessary).
- An appointment with an Instructional Technology Specialist who will provide a hands-on introduce to NJIT’s computing accounts and systems (optional).
5. Banner Access
- Banner accounts are created upon employment and are accessed by through Highlander Pipeline - http://my.njit.edu/. More information is available at http://ist.njit.edu/support/banner.
- Some employees will require access to Banner Finance, Banner HR, or Banner Student. If additional access is required it will be initiated by your supervisor.
6. Web-based Resources
- http://ist.njit.edu - Detailed information about available computing services.
- http://ist.njit.edu/software - List of software available in the computer labs and for download.
- http://ist.njit.edu/training - Collection of training opportunities to NJIT faculty and staff.
- http://help.njit.edu - Submit a request or report an incident to the IST Service Desk.