There is a list of general rules posted at each public computing lab. Whereas some labs may have altered their rules, the following list is to be read carefully and adhered to.
- Food or drink in the lab, whether actively being consumed or not
- Loading personal software on PC
- Modifying settings on PC
- Printing multiple copies of anything (copy machine available in library)
- Printing of user manuals
- Printing of non-classwork items (personal items)
- Disruptive or loud behavior
- Non-authorized personnel
- Physical abuse of lab equipment including chairs, PCs, walls, boards, printers, desktops, etc.
- Use of own paper or transparencies
- Use of PCs for classwork
- Printing single copy of class related items
- Headphones for listening to any audio
- Lab Staff have the right to ask to see valid NJIT ID of anyone in the lab at anytime.
- Lab Staff reserve the right to ask anyone to remove food or drink from the lab whether or not it is being consumed.
- Lab Staff reserve the right to confiscate or stop unauthorized printouts.
- Lab Staff reserves the right to have a person working on non-NJIT classwork give up their PC seat to a person working on NJIT- class work. Priorities include class work , labs, projects, and research.
- Lab Staff can require anyone not adhering to the rules/notes to leave the lab.