- Self-Service Training - Banner Finance Self-Service Training. Topics include Budget, Grants and Contracts, Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
- Self Service Banner Finance for Purchasing - An introduction to Banner Self-Service for Purchasing (i.e. creating new vendors, entering requisitions, reviewing and approval and correcting requisitions).
- Self-Service Banner Finance for Accounts Payable - An introduction to Self Service Banner for Accounts Payable, including how to approve invoices, view documents by invoice or purchase order, view invoice, check and direct deposit images in BDMS, determine if a credit has been posted and check payment status of travel reimbursements.
- BDMS in Self Service Banner - Viewing invoices, checks, and direct deposits using Banner Document Management Services (BDMS).
- Introduction to Banner Finance (10:46 video) - Includes service definitions and procedures.
- Access Fiscal YTD Information (6:36 video) - Access financial information for your specific area using a budget query.
- Budget Availability for Specific Budget Pools (6:35 video) - Determine a specific pool's available budget.
- Budget Status by Organizational Hierarchy (5:04 video) - Determine budget availability based on organizational hierarchy.
- View Inception or Project-to-Date Information (5:04 video) - View available balances on project accounts (i.e grants).
- Accessing Encumbrance Information (2:22 video) - Encumbrance queries will allow a user to find remaining balances on open purchase orders.
- Approve Documents (2:00 video) -How to view document by invoice and approve notices.
- View Document by Invoice (2:02 video) - How to view invoices that are pending payment or have already been paid.
- View Documents by PO (3:39 video) - How to retrieve an "I" number, view document by Invoice, view images of invoices and payments, check status of all invoices and payments posted to the PO.
- Invoice Approvals (1:09 video) - How to view Invoice Approvals Required and Recorded
- Budget Queries - How to create a budget query.
- Entering a Requisition - Steps for entering a requisition.
- Banner Chart of Account - Banner account chart.
- Approval Levels - Approval queues and limit level amounts by approval leave.
- Saving/Recalling - Saving an in-process requisition, recalling an in-process or disapproved requisition.
- Additional Banner Finance resources are available from within Highlander Pipeline. Please follow the below steps to access them:
- Log into Higherlander Pipeline (my.njit.edu).
- Click the "Faculty/Staff Services" tab (figure 1).
Figure 1: "Faculty/Staff Services" tab.
- Click the "Banner Documentation" link (figure 2).
Figure 2: "Banner Documentation" link.
- Click "Banner Finance Documentation".
Please contact the HelpDesk if you have a question or are experiencing a problem (973-596-2900 or help.njit.edu).