The Academic and Research Software Allocation Program is an annually funded program. All new software requests are reviewed in June. The deadline to submit requests for new software is November 1. Requests will be reviewed, and notification of a decision will be sent by July 1. Requesting new software is not a guarantee that it will be approved.
Before you fill out the online application to request NEW academic software (not already licensed by NJIT), perform the following steps:
- Check the IST Software website to find out if the software, or similar software, is already available.
- Check the IST Free Software website to determine if any free, similar software is available.
- If the software requested is NOT an open source application, research alternative open source software options for availability.
- Please discuss your request with your Dean before submitting your online request, since your Dean will be asked for prioritization & approval of all new software requests.
- Print and review the Software Request Preparation Document to become familiar with it, and to help you gather all necessary information before you enter your request online.
- If you would like to have the requested software installed in an NJIT computing lab or labs, the New Software Request Form contains a section regarding the installation of the requested software in a lab on campus.