Email is an essential aspect of communication for NJIT students, faculty, and staff. Please see the information below regarding email system available to NJIT affiliates. Students should familiarize themselves with NJIT's policy on email for official communications to students.
Current NJIT Email System
Webmail by Google is the email system for faculty, staff, students, and alumni affiliated with NJIT. All NJIT faculty,students and members of the alumni community are given an official NJIT email address on this system.
Your official NJIT email address will be of the form:
Some important things for you to know:
- All official university communications sent to your official NJIT email addresses will be received in Webmail by Google.
- You can access your Webmail by Google email anytime by visiting http://webmail.njit.edu or by configuring an email client.
- Your Webmail by Google account's storage capacity will start at 30 GB.
- Email Forwarding: All NJIT business must be managed, received, and sent from your preferred NJIT email address. Forwarding to your personal email address is not permitted.
Accessing NJIT Email
There are several different methods of accessing your email. Depending on which email system you are using, you can use a web interface or a software application installed on your computer.
You can read your Webmail by Google email by using any of the following:
- http://webmail.njit.edu (online web interface - preferred method)
- Highlander Pipeline (just click on the "E-mail" icon.)
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 / 2010 (Configured with Google Apps Sync )
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 / 2010 (Configured with POP or IMAP)
- Mobile Devices
The following links are instructions for configuring alternate clients. IST does not support any of the following clients.
Previous NJIT Email Systems
ADM, Mailhost and Oak - All faculty, student and alumni accounts on the Mailhost and Oak systems have been transitioned to Webmail by Google.