NJIT maintains a site license for McAfee VirusScan (Windows and Mac) and McAfee AntiSpyware (Windows). Follow these three easy steps to install, maintain or clean your computer.
Step 1: Download and Install McAfee VirusScan.
The current version of McAfee will run on following OS: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.10 or later.
Please check the scenario below to see which version of the software you are licensed to install:
|NJIT-owned computers which are members of the campus domains||McAfee VirusScan is automatically installed and centrally managed to allow for rapid deployment of product updates.||Faculty, Staff|
|NJIT-owned computers which are NOT members of the campus domain||Visit the IST software download page to download and install VirusScan Enterprise (McAfee) for Mac and Windows.||Faculty, Staff|
|Personally-owned computers of NJIT community members||Visit the IST software download page to download and install VirusScan Enterprise (McAfee) for Windows only.||Students|
Step 2: Update your VirusScan software
Update your VirusScan software with the most recent virus definitions updater. Simply download and run the updater program.
Step 3: Run Complete/Full System Scan
- You may need to restart your computer to complete the removal process.
- If your computer was blocked by NJIT due to an infection, once your computer has been disinfected, please visit http://mymacchecker.njit.edu from a different computer to have your PC allowed back on to the NJIT network.
- Remember NO anti-virus package is 100% guaranteed. The NJIT community must exercise caution when using the Internet.
- Do not open mail from unknown sources.
- Never click on a link in an e-mail or website from an unknown source.
- Do not download or install software or files from unknown or un-trusted sites.
- When browsing the Internet, use only Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Keep browsers up-to-date with patches.
- Make sure your computer is up-to-date.