NJIT provides wireless access to the NJIT network & Internet from many locations around campus. Current Students, Faculty and Staff and alumni with a valid UCID may use the wireless network after authenticating. If you are an alumni that does not have a UCID you can create one here.
Before you begin you will need:
- A notebook computer with PCMCIA slot and associated slot services software and CD-ROM drive (If using a PCMCIA wireless card).
- A wireless LAN card that is 802.11b compliant. (A PCMCIA wireless card can be borrowed at the Van Houten Library with a valid library card).
- Installed drivers for the wireless LAN card. (Included with the card).
- The list of areas covered by wireless.
- A valid UCID (University Computing ID).
- Knowledge of how to use the NJIT Mobile Network.
- Animated instructions on how to configure and authenticate to NJIT's wireless network.
Wireless LAN cards are available in the Van Houten Library and may be checked out overnight. All users must authenticate in order to obtain regular network access. A UCID is required to authenticate to the network. In the event you are not automatically prompted for your UCID upon accessing the wireless network, you can visit http://auth.njit.edu. You will then receive a login prompt to authenticate your UCID to access the wireless network.
It is strongly recommended that you also establish a VPN connection when using the wireless network on campus. This will establish a secure connection with the network ensuring all information sent and received to your computer remains confidential and encrypted.